Could you use a crash course on today's health insurance?
The Affordable Care Act is still in effect for enrolling in 2020 plans. You may be wondering what options you have for coverage —whether your budget can handle them—even what supplemental plans like Vision or Accident coverage you might need.
We're happy to help you sort out the key facts.
(And good news—we got them down to this one page!)
Affordable Care (F)Acts.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was enacted in 2010 to make health insurance available to every American and is still in effect for enrolling in 2020 plans. Key highlights:
- reject you for having a pre-existing condition
- put lifetime limits on coverage
- withdraw your coverage just because you're sick
An ACA-compliant health care plan should cover these basics:
- emergency care
- RX drugs
- maternity and newborn care
- lab services
Mylo is an independent broker who only guides you to plans that are ACA compliant—in a fast, friendly, easy-to-navigate online shop.Give Us A Call!
Decoding Open Enrollment
The Affordable Care Act established a specific time period when you can enroll in health insurance without a qualifying life event. 2020 Open Enrollment ended Dec. 15, 2019 in most states.
Good news! If you live in one of these states, you have extra time to enroll.
- California: October 15 – January 15
- Colorado: November 1 – January 15
- Connecticut: November 1 – January 15
- District of Columbia: November 1 – January 31
- Idaho: November 1 – December 16
- Massachusetts: November 1 – January 23
- Minnesota: November 1 – December 23
- New York: November 1 – January 31
- Rhode Island: November 1 – December 31
- Washington: November 1 – December 30
Outside of Open Enrollment, you can still enroll in health insurance as long as you've had a life changing event including:
- losing coverage
- changing your household income
- moving to another county or zip code
- getting married
- losing dependent status
- getting divorced or separated
- having a baby or adopting a child
- changing immigration status
Check out these six steps for enrolling in health insurance.Get Prepped Now!
Our expert guidance ... your smart decision.
Mylo is your trusted guide to the right health plan, fast. Why? We've got this thing down.
We're part of the world's largest independent insurance broker. We don't sell our plans ... just screen the top options that are ACA-compliant ... and guide you to the best coverage and price for your needs.
Our agents review side-by-side comparisons of health plans so you can make an informed choice. If you qualify for a tax subsidy, our friendly licensed agents can help you file your application and do any paperwork. Sweet, right?
We even have a handy tax credit calculator, plus plan scores and tools for comparing your options by price, deductibles and copays.
Compare top-rated ACA-compliant health plans from trusted providers now.Let's Talk!