"C" - Insurance offered to any applicant regardless of health
Guaranteed issue might sound like a problem waiting to happen. But when you’re talking about insurance, it can be a good thing. (There may be tradeoffs involved though.)
Guaranteed issue refers to health and life insurance policies that are offered to all applicants regardless of their health.
- Guaranteed issue policies are often a good option for elderly applicants and people with health issues that prevent them from getting a conventional policy.
- They usually charge higher premiums and provide lower payouts. Many top out at $10,000 compared to conventional policies that might pay $1 million or more.
- Most of these policies won’t pay out if the insured dies within the first 1-2 years. (In these cases, the premiums they’ve paid will be refunded.)
- All comprehensive health insurance policies have been guaranteed issue since 2014.
- Prior to 2014, most insurers had lists of up to 400 health conditions that could trigger a denial.
- Since 2014, the Affordable Care Act has required that you can’t be denied for having pre-existing health conditions and you don’t even have to give out your health history to apply. It also doesn’t matter whether you currently have insurance or not.
- Short term medical plans are not guaranteed issue and may not cover pre-existing conditions.
Open Enrollment for 2021 health insurance is from November 1 - December 15, 2020. A friendly licensed Mylo agent can help you find the right health plan – or a life insurance policy – that makes sense for your life stage and budget. Give us a call to find out your options!Let's Talk!
The right coverage for you? Surprisingly simple.
However you roll, Mylo protects your vehicle … with a special discount for bundling auto and home coverage together.
Whether house or condo, protect your castle by letting Mylo’s experts guide you to a sweet home insurance plan.
Get a custom consultation on affordable coverage tailored to you. Only pay for what you need (nothing more, nothing less).
Mylo takes the tricky out of choosing a health plan, guiding you to the right coverage for you and your budget.
Ready to untangle another tricky topic?