There are over 5,000 food trucks in the U.S. today. Though each of their menus is unique, mobile food providers have specific insurance needs. Most food truck owners choose a combination of coverage that helps them handle the high costs of everything from damage to their truck to lawsuits from injured customers.

Read more below, or fill out our form, and a licensed expert will be in touch with your personalized food truck insurance consultation!

Site Landing Graphic
Product interest

By clicking the button below, I give my electronic signature and consent to be called by Mylo or receive text messages at this number regarding my inquiry. This consent is not required for purchase and can be revoked at any time. My telephone company may impose additional charges for text messages.

What insurance do I need for a food truck?

We’re big fans of small businesses like yours and want to do everything in our power to help you rock cuisine on wheels. As a starting point, you’ll want to look into:

Commercial auto insurance

This covers you for any injuries or property damage you may cause to others while you’re driving your food truck to your next festival and get into an accident. You can also add physical damage coverage to compensate you if your truck is damaged or vandalized by someone else. (You’re legally required to carry commercial auto insurance in most states.)

General liability insurance

This covers you if you’re sued by someone who gets hurt while visiting your food truck. A concertgoer could slip on a spilled soda and faceplant on the pavement – or a customer could bite into the wrong burrito and have an allergic reaction. (Most outdoor events required you to carry general liability insurance.)

Product liability insurance

This covers you if you’re sued by a customer who has a bad reaction from your cuisine after leaving your food truck. A customer could claim they suffered food poisoning or bit into a foreign object in their Italian ice.

Workers' compensation insurance

This pays for your employees’ medical expenses and lost wages if they’re injured on the job – which also shields you from employee lawsuits. Your employee could burn herself on your stove or cut herself on your culinary equipment. (Most states require you to carry workers’ comp insurance if you have employees.)

No food truck is like yours (go, you!)

You may have specialized needs for your type of food or business model. A licensed Mylo agent can help you figure out the best plan to protect your food truck. Mylo is part of Lockton Companies – the world’s largest independent insurance broker – with 50+ years of experience. We help you compare quotes from leading carriers instead of selling our own insurance, which lets us give you an objective recommendation.

Just take a moment to answer a few questions and a licensed expert will be in touch with your personalized food truck insurance consultation.