Software Test Engineer
As a Software Test Engineer, you will help Mylo change how businesses and individuals buy insurance through the use of technology. Mylo is a 4-year-old startup backed by Lockton, a Kansas City company that is the world’s largest independent insurance broker. We are growing and changing fast and need to add a Software Test Engineer to our team to automate the end-to-end testing of our consumer-facing website, web application, services, partner and insurance carrier integrations, and tools used by customers and agents. Our tech stack is Node.js, React, Postgres, hosted on AWS, deployed by Kubernetes, with code hosted on GitHub.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Love to break code and systems. When you go to a restaurant you order a drink, NULL drinks, -1 drinks, a 🦎, and a ä͖̭̈̇�lͮỎ̷͖ ͦͬ ͬͦ ͤͬ. When the power goes out in the building other developers assume your tests had something to do with it.
- Have experience writing automated tests in multiple languages and testing frameworks against different types of software systems (websites, UI, services, APIs, etc).
- Have used multiple open source testing frameworks, and tools (and can talk about pros and cons of each).
- Understand web development tools and concepts like curl, Postman, Git, and REST.
- Understand testing concepts and when and how to apply them. Can explain the difference between a UI test, a system test, and a unit test and when each is most applicable.
- Love open source code (like we do!) Bonus points if you have a favorite text editor.
- Fit naturally into a fast-paced team that releases multiple times per day (over 1,000 releases in 2018) and writes automated tests for everything.
- 2+ years of writing code to test websites, UI, services, APIs, and other systems.
- Insurance product knowledge is a bonus but not required.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining automated tests, test suits, code, and systems.
- Works with a cross functional team to design and understand requirements and ensure quality and performance of software and processes.
- Troubleshoots and solves software issues and test failures.
- Researches technical problems and suggests improvements.
- Analyzes and integrates new testing technologies with existing applications to improve the quality of the application functionality.
- Knowledge about multiple commonly-used web development tools and frameworks is necessary.
- Knowledge about multiple commonly-used automated testing and troubleshooting tools and frameworks is necessary.
We'd love you to join our team of inspired, passionate, fun and creative problem solvers! Tell us why you think you'd be a great fit and drop us your resume!Apply Now!
Mylo Core Values
Get it done
When we say we’ll do something, it’s done. We hit deadlines, beat expectations, deliver a lot in a short time. The right things keep happening because of us.
Obsessed in a good way
We’re energized by making a difference. We believe in what we’re doing and it shows. If we geek out a little sometimes, we can’t help it – we’re on a mission.
Hooked on better-than-ever
We’re not the same people we were yesterday. We test and roll, learn from mistakes, jump on successes. We love to go from breakthrough to breakthrough.
Pros at proactive
Forward is our favorite direction. We see needs - and don't hesitate to meet them. We feel right at home in a fighter jet, even when we’re still building it in the air.
Think you have what it takes?
We'd love you to join our team of inspired, passionate, fun and creative problem solvers! Tell us why you think you'd be a great fit and drop us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.