We’re looking for people who are ambitious, driven and want to be a part of Mylo, the smart, fast and friendly digital insurance agency.
An exciting new digital start-up founded by Lockton, the world’s largest independent and unbiased insurance broker (translation: we don’t sell our own plans). Mylo combines today’s latest tools with 50 years of experience connecting people and businesses to the right coverage.
Want to be part of a smart and (humbly) amazing team? We’re always looking for contagiously upbeat people to join our team of inspired, passionate, fun and creative problem solvers!
The DevOps Engineer is part of the Engineering team and is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the dynamic cloud infrastructure that our platform runs on.
Mylo’s culture is different. We aren’t a bunch of stereotypical tech nerds. We hire friendly, collaborative, talented people who can thrive in a relatively flat hierarchy where you get to build your own career path. You will be an important contributor in the realization of our objective to build a robust cloud platform that makes it easy to integrate carriers, brokers, and third parties allowing us to deliver a seamless buying experience.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
• Collaborate with developers, testers, product managers to ensure that business needs are being met.
• Provide feedback to Engineering staff based on runtime experience of the platform.
• Build and implement monitoring tools and dashboards that allow us to have confidence in site stability and allow us to plan for the future.
• Given the nature of the business (insurance), apply due diligence to security and HIPAA best practices.
• Write and maintain custom tools as necessary to support the cloud infrastructure.
• Be trustworthy; have integrity and a strong work ethic.
• Exercise initiative in taking on tasks with minimal direction.
• Learn new areas independently and without formal training
• Have a high emotional intelligence
• Design and build infrastructure that:
• dynamically adapts to site needs
• is fault tolerant
• can be duplicated automatically for testing and staging needs
• requires no manual maintenance activities
• handles multiple daily deployments
• Have an understanding of Continuous Delivery principles and experience implementing them.
• Experience with Continuous Integration technologies (Travis, Jenkins, etc.).
• An understanding of Agile principles and experience working in such an environment.
• Ability to apply a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
• Experience handling large scale, multi-tenant cloud environments.
• Experience with source code management systems, ideally GitHub.
• The ideal candidate will have experience with container technologies such as Docker.
• Have experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and MS Azure.
• Knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
• A bachelor’s degree.
We'd love you to join our team of inspired, passionate, fun and creative problem solvers! Tell us why you think you'd be a great fit and drop us your resume!Apply Now!
Get it done
When we say we’ll do something, it’s done. We hit deadlines, beat expectations, deliver a lot in a short time. The right things keep happening because of us.
Obsessed in a good way
We’re energized by making a difference. We believe in what we’re doing and it shows. If we geek out a little sometimes, we can’t help it – we’re on a mission.
Hooked on better-than-ever
We’re not the same people we were yesterday. We test and roll, learn from mistakes, jump on successes. We love to go from breakthrough to breakthrough.
Pros at proactive
Forward is our favorite direction. We see needs - and don't hesitate to meet them. We feel right at home in a fighter jet, even when we’re still building it in the air.
We'd love you to join our team of inspired, passionate, fun and creative problem solvers! Tell us why you think you'd be a great fit and drop us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.